As many of you know, losing weight is not easy. It requires quite a bit of control and determination to reach your goals. Having said this, it’s not impossible. There are ways to help you along your journey that don’t include counting calories or breaking a sweat. Try these 6 super tricks that slim you down without exercise or diet.
follow along with me...
- Get a good night’s sleep. Not getting the recommended seven hours of sleep a night can prevent weight loss and actually cause weight gain. Individuals who get enough sleep every night have a higher metabolism compared to those individuals who don’t. This means you actually burn more calories when you’re sleeping. Can you really ask for more?
- Out of sight, out of mind. Keep tempting foods hidden in your kitchen cabinets to help control your cravings. If you’re going to store any food on the counter, it should be a big bowl of fruit. Snacks that are kept on the counter are more likely to be eaten faster.
- Listen to music you love. Choosing music at just the right tempo can get you moving faster and harder during your workout without you even realizing it. Music boosts the chemicals in your brain that keep you calm and fight off stress. When you’re being entertained by music you love you’ll find yourself wanting to exercise a little longer just to hear the end of a song. You might even find yourself dancing – a great way to burn calories!
- Concentrate on eating slowly. Because we live in such a fast-paced world, our eating habits have become “on-the-go” and more about convenience. Eating quicker for the sake of time usually means eating more. If you take the time to sit down, relax, and enjoy a meal, you will be less likely to overeat because it gives your body the time it needs to digest and let your brain know you are full.
- Keep the fridge and cabinets health-friendly. How many times have you had to throw out old fruits and veggies kept in the drawers of your fridge because you forgot about them? Although keeping them in the crisper is standard, break the rules and move them onto the shelves at eye level where you can see them. Fill the crisper with other foods like eggs and other healthful foods. Same thing goes for your kitchen cabinets: keep all good choices at eye level.
- Smaller plates means smaller portions. When you use a large dinner plate you pile on a lot of food to fill all the space. On the other hand, a smaller plate will not hold as much food so your portion is a lot less. You are eating a full plate of food but’s it’s much smaller than a traditional dish. It’s a total no brainer!
For many people, weight loss is associated in a negative way with diet and exercise. While watching what you eat and moving around a bit is necessary, weight loss is also about making lifestyle changes. During your weight loss journey, sprinkle these tips and tricks into your daily routine as they really do help and require no effort.