Fitness is my passion. It wasn’t always the case but the older I get the more I see what being fit has done for me. I can say that if you give yourself a chance, be a little brave, give consistent effort, you too can be passionate about fitness. When paired with a good eating plan, working out can give you back so much of what you have lost through the aging process.
We all need to move and you are not the exception. Whether you decide to take a daily 30 minute stroll, do some body conditioning following my lead, or want to get really aggressive in the gym (my type of girl!) you have to do something. This is a given and I’m sorry if this upsets you but you have to move, even a little. The human body was designed with movement in mind and to not do so regularly is crazy. Really that’s what it is – crazy. Because without movement, there can’t be good health.
follow along with me...
Unless you are about to turn off the light do this today:
- Use the stairs — elevators and escalators are off limit.
- Park your car a little farther from your destination and walk. (Another oldie but goodie.)
- Do 3 sets of 10 push ups, either against the wall or modified on your knees. (If you can’t do 10 safely do as many as you can.)
- Grab a chair and sit down on it… now stand up. Pull in your abs tight during the entire movement. Get up and down as many times as you can with your butt barely touching the seat each time. Rest a couple of minutes and then do it again. And then one more time for a total of 3 sets.
- Whatever you think of as a crunch, do 3 sets of as many as you can.
Note: 3 – 5 do not have to be done all at 1 time. You can do all 3 sets of one movement at one time or you can do 1 set of each movement at 3 different times during the day or you can do them all at once. Whatever works for you.
This post outlines my basic fitness philosophy :
15 FOOD & FITNESS RULES I FOLLOW