Here are all the important basics to exercising correctly. Getting and maintaining fitness over 50 is better achieved when done properly. I have worked out for over forty years and here are my tips to doing it right:
- Stand up nice and tall
- Shoulders back and down
- Engage your core by pulling your belly button into your spine
- Pull up all the muscles from your pelvis and keep your torso tight
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Keep knees soft
- Position the pelvis to maintain correct alignment – for most of us that means tilting the pelvis slightly forward
- Think about the muscle you’re working and give it 100% of your attention; if you’re doing cardio concentrate on your rhythm
- Always move in a controlled way
- Make sure to BREATHE!!!
And most importantly, SMILE! Exercising over 50 is so important and it will give you back so much of what time has taken away. ENJOY — I love it!